Blogiversary I – A Bit More About Me
It’s day 4 of my Blogiversary! Yay! To be honest I didn’t think I’d make it this far posting wise. I should be a lot more confident in my ability to actually stick to things… sometimes. :o
Today I wanted to let you guys know some facts about me! Some of them are incredibly essential things that I can’t believe I haven’t mentioned here yet and the rest are just random fun facts about me. Before I get to that though I want to introduce you to my “family” just in case you’re a new reader.
Me – The writer of this [awesome] blog. Duh!
Colin – My boyfriend of three years. He is my best friend and he is a catalyst for everything that I do. He is very supportive of all of my projects, no matter how crazy. He even helps me when I’m trying to come up with new ideas.
Hannah – She is my best friend, though she probably prefers that I introduce her to you as my mermaid. She’s super funny and she’s always willing to be a friend to anyone who needs it. She is probably the kindest person I’ve ever met and I’m not even exaggerating.
Bambi – My five-year old Chihuahua puppy. She disproves every single stereotype held against Chihuahuas. She inspires me with her infinite capacity to love and because all that she expects from loving you is a hug and maybe even some table scraps. <3
23 Things About Me
1. I was born in Mexico and came here in 1999 when I was about to turn 7.
2. I can speak Spanish fluently and wish I could speak it in more situations, it’s a beautiful language. I also speak a little bit of French and I secretly hope to learn Japanese so that I can sing along with my favorite anime theme songs… ^_^
3. I watch a lot of anime for someone who’s not that into it. My favorites include Code Geass, Avatar: the Last Airbender, ALL OF THE MIYAZAKI FILMS, Fullmetal Alchemist [currently watching: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood], Shin Chan, and of course the two that started it all: Sailor Moon and Pokemon!
4. I cry a lot. Most strong emotions will elicit at least a few tears from me. Sadness, happiness, anger, confusion, fear, relief… hell, even sleepiness! [Is sleepy an emotion?]
6. I generally tell people I have a horrible taste in music, but I actually just have a super varied taste in music and I just want to save myself the trouble of having to explain. I love a lot of what’s on the radio [Rhianna, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Pitbull, J-Biebs], but I also love a much “better” and more “obscure” artists [Arcade Fire, Mother Mother, Stars, Bloc Party, The Fratellis] and orchestral music too!
7. Make-Up tutorials on Youtube are my guilty pleasure. I don’t wear make up and I don’t plan to. I just love seeing them transform before my eyes. I also love looking out for the products they use whenever I go to the store. It’s like an awesome scavenger hunt!
8. My celebrity crushes are Bon Jovi and Jason Segel [Marshall from HIMYM].
9. My favorite show EVER is LOST. Colin got me into it and I fell for it HARD! One of my favorite T-shirts ever says “Desmond is my constant.” Yes he is!
10. I love to play video games and I play pretty often, but I don’t consider myself a gamer because I’m not that great at them. I’m mostly into RPGs and point-and-click adventures because FPSs give me motion sickness.
11. I used to play pokemon competitively and I would spend my time breeding for perfect IVs and EV training [total jargon]. It was probably the only time I felt that I was AWESOME at a video game. I miss it sometimes, but it’s probably best I don’t go back. I’m way too rusty and I barely have enough time for my current hobbies.
12. If it has mushrooms, onions and/or sausage in it then it’s automatically my favorite food EVER!
13. My favorite song at the moment is Whistle for the Choir by The Fratellis. It makes me tear up. :’) Runners up: Cherry Tulips by Headlights, Casimir Pulaski Day by Sufjan Stevens and Stronger by Kelly Clarkson.
14. I don’t know how to drive. As in it’s been so long I don’t trust myself in a car.
15. I can play the saxophone and I was even section leader in marching band my senior year of high school. I haven’t played it since approximately December 2010.
16. I like to think of myself as an incredibly extroverted introvert because I love to share things and talk to people and I can be extremely sociable, but only when I want to be. I’m a bit of a homebody and I would rather be home most Friday nights. I also can’t stand to be around huge groups of people unless I happen to be the center of attention. I’d rather be hanging out with 2-3 close friends.
17. The first blog ever started following seriously was Macheesmo and I still do to this day. I’m also proud to say that I’ve read ~99% of his posts. I would say 100%, but I’m pretty sure I’ve skipped one or two on accident. I should probably leave Nick comments more often. Whoops. :/
18. I used to hate wearing dresses/skirts and I rarely would. Now it’s the exact opposite, I’m always looking for an excuse not to wear pants and when I do I make a big deal about it.
19. I can fit my entire fist in my mouth.
20. I don’t have a middle name and I’m strangely proud of it.
21. I named Bambi after JDs nickname in Scrubs [Carla calls him Bambi], not after the Disney movie like most people think.
22. I prefer books/movies where the character dies at the end because it brings me closure. I know that this is truly then end and that the character isn’t going to go on to do more things. I also hate the idea that the character might go on to do something that completely goes against what they learned throughout the story.
23. I secretly want a tattoo of an infinity symbol on my wrist and of a small heart of the back of my neck, but I would never get one because I can’t imagine me with one when I’m old and wrinkly.
Wow. That was long. Congrats for getting through that and I hope you learned more about me.
Now it’s your turn. Tell me a few things about yourself or don’t that’s totally fine. Do you have a strange taste in music? Do you have any weird hobbies? Is there anything else you want to know?