Better known as Phase I of Project Holiday!
You see, I’ve never been the kind of person who gets excited for holidays. At least not without someone telling me to get excited or some other external cue. The holiday spirit just isn’t present in my family. I’m sure it all has to do with us being immigrants and with my parents just not being used to celebrating the holidays with the same gusto that everyone else around us seems to have. Twelve years and we’re still not that used to it. I’m not okay with that! I want the same excitement that everyone gets around the holidays! I hate being left out!
So, of course I came up with a solution. I’m going to trick my body into being excited and what better way than with new traditions and tons of music!
My mission is to come up with a playlist for all of the major holidays and maybe some other not-so-major events. Playlists filled with:
- Inspiration to ring in the New Year.
- Romance “seduce” my ears on Valentine’s Day
- Mariachi for Cinco de Mayo
- Bon Jovi and pure awesomeness the Fourth of July
- Whatever the heck I want for my birthday
- Spooky sounds and music for Halloween
- I’m not entirely sure for Thanksgiving
- Apocalyptic songs for the Apocalypse [people predict it often enough]
- And Christmas carols for Christmas, of course!
What do you think? Do you have playlists for every major events of your life? Are you like me or do you get super excited around the holidays? Throw some of your playlist suggestions my way, I’d sure love the help. :)