Looking Forward to – October
Oh my goodness, October is here! I’m super excited for it because October is my number one favorite month EVER. Now I’m not going to lie to you, the only reason that October is my favorite month EVER is because my birthday is in October. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that and I will never believe anyone who tells me so.
Now, my birthday isn’t the only thing that I’m looking forward to in October. I promise, there are other things too. This October…
I’m Looking Forward To:
- Anytober – You know, Anytober. Any regular footlong is now a five-dollar footlong. What do you mean you didn’t know? Haven’t you been watching TV? Well anyway, I’m super glad since I’m pretty sure that I eat at Subway once a week. Maybe this time I’ll get the courage to get something other than my go-to favorite [that’s the spicy italian for all of you out there that are curious]. Just maybe.
- Colder Weather – The internet tells me that I can expect temperatures in the 80’s and 90’s for the next two weeks. That may not seem great to all of you out there lucky enough to not live in Arizona, but for us it seems glorious. Glorious compared to, you know, temperatures in the 100’s or even worse, 110’s. Cold enough to wear long sleeved shirts and jeans, but warm enough to keep my dresses and my short shorts. Perfect!
- (Oct 14) Arizona State Fair – I’ve never been to the sate fair, ever. I’ve never eaten a deep fried twinkie or thrown up a corndog after a ride on the tilt-a-whirl. Though the last one might be impossible because I hate corn dogs. This is my public plea to Mr. Colin. Will you please take me to the State Fair? I promise I’ll let you buy me some cotton candy. Hell, I might even share it with you baby. Isn’t that what being in a relationship is all about?
- (Oct 17) My Birthday – I LOVE my birthday. There’s nothing wrong with that. I can’t wait to have a day filled with all my favorite foods and with cake. I love birthday cake. It, much like time, pretty much heals everything. That’s a proven fact, as long as you don’t ask for my research paper. ;)
- (Oct 31) Halloween – Candy is awesome. Costumes are awesome. Did I mention that candy is awesome? I might be too old to go trick-or-treating [that’s a blatant lie, nobody is too old to go trick-or-treating], but I still like to stuff my face with enough candy to make a dentist cry. So even though Colin and I probably won’t be donning some incredibly realistic Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez costumes [what a shame] we’re going to be taking a trip to a haunted house! Now this isn’t something that I would regularly do, but I figure that since I’m going to have to do it at least once in my lifetime I might as well do it now and not spend the rest of my life dreading the thought. Now that’s thinking about the future!
How about you? What are you looking forward to this joyous month?