Community Network Meme 2012
It’s that time of year again. Time for the Community Network Meme! Yay! Every six months Tom from Morning Erection (don’t be afraid to click, only the name is raunchy) hosts this meme as a way to give bloggers and they’re audiences a way to break out of their circles for a day and coincide. Not to mention the questions are pretty fun to answer. This is my second time participating, here is my post from December for all you curious readers out there. :)
1. When you were a child what was the hardest or scariest thing in the world (i.e. movie, book, chore, etc.) to you that as an adult is neither hard nor scary?
Computers. This might seem hard to believe now seeing as I spend the majority of my free-time on my laptop (yes, I know, I should probably re-evaluate my lifestyle choices), but it’s true. We were pretty poor when we moved to America, so we didn’t have a computer and as a result THEY TERRIFIED ME! As far as I knew they cost $10,000 and you had to be a genius to know how to use one. I remember sobbing quietly to myself in computer lab because I was afraid that if I pressed the wrong key I would accidentally launch a nuclear attack on a small country! Well… maybe not something that dramatic, but I was still afraid of breaking something. Thankfully I got over that fear by the second grade when I realized that if the kids around me were equally as inexperienced with computers as I was and they never started WWIII, they must not be that complicated.
2. If you were offered the chance to be a cooking star on a Food Network show, which of these three would you choose for a mentor: Bobby Flay, Giada de Laurentis or Alton Brown?
ALTON BROWN! Hands down, he is the man. I’m not sure if I mention it enough on this blog, but I’ve always been a huge lover of science and food so it only makes sense for the man who brought the fun and precision of science to the kitchen to be my mentor. I can just see us now in our lab coats explaining the science of what makes Chinese food so addicting.
3. What is your favorite theme offered by your blogging platform that you are not using and what theme do you absolutely hate? Provide links to both along with your explanation.
Linen is my absolute favorite WordPress theme. It’s simple, professional, the text is very readable and it just makes your blog so much more organized. No wonder it’s premium. :( If only I wasn’t such a cheap skate I would have picked it up the day it came out.
I don’t want to pick a “hate” one because I don’t want to hurt someone’s feelings, but honestly… I HATE Bueno! I’m not really sure what it is about it, but it just looks super tacky to me.
4. Who is someone from your past that you are sorry you lost track of?
My best friend from 2nd grade. She and I were pretty much inseparable, in fact I can’t remember one day from that summer that I didn’t heely (yes, I had heelys) over to her house. We played Mario Kart 64 and acted out scenes from Harry Potter. God, we were the coolest. She ended up moving to another city and pretty soon we just lost contact (no computer, remember). If only I could just remember her last name. D:
5. What would you take to a deserted island?
I would love to say a laptop with the ability to pick up wifi ANYWHERE or an enchanted fridge with an unlimited amount of fresh water and my favorite food, but something tells me that’s not a valid answer. Instead (and more realistically) I would bring the SAS Survival Handbook: How to Survive in the Wild, in Any Climate, on Land or at Sea. It has pretty good reviews, so I’m hoping it would keep me alive.
6. If you could get into the mind of anyone (living or dead) and read all their thoughts, whose mind would you choose to raid?
Joseph Conrad. He wrote my favorite book EVER (Heart of Darkness) and some of the most beautiful and insightful words in the English language. I don’t know if I would be capable of understanding his thoughts, but it would definitely be worth a try.
7. What are the entire contents of the top drawer of the table directly next to your side of the bed?
A book I accidentally stole from the library in fifth grade, two old remotes from televisions I don’t think we’ve owned for years, a thank you note from my mentor, old marching band sheet music, old school supplies, and some hair ties.
I need to clean this drawer out…
8. What is the one thing you have in your dorm, apartment, or house that you never want your parents to find.
I hate questions like these because I never have any fun answers. There’s nothing that I can think of that I would be super embarrassed if my parents found except for maybe some old Halloween candy from like 2 or 3 years ago. I think that’s still in there. I’ll be right back.
9. Your daughter is having a sleepover for her 12th birthday. Around 8:00 pm a thunderstorm knocks out power. How do you entertain twelve pre-teen girls when all the cell-phone batteries have died?
Arts and Crafts! Duh! We could definitely make friendship bracelets out of old shoe laces and t-shirts. Not to mention there are like a million things you can do with toilet paper rolls. Then after that we could raid all the closets in the house and have an impromptu fashion show. Waving flashlights could set the mood and I’m sure I’d have some confetti lying around to throw in the air. And if all else fails and we run out of stuff to do then would just gossips about the other girls and/or cute boys in their class. That would probably keep them occupied ’til her 13th birthday.
10. What aspect/trait about your personality are you most sensitive about (as in, you wouldn’t stand anyone criticizing about this one aspect)?
I’m a bit of a loud mouth. Not just in the fact that I talk a lot, which I’ll admit to, but I also tend to speak on the louder side of the spectrum. I swear, it’s not all my fault. I don’t try to talk louder than anyone else, it just happens. :( If we ever get to talk face to face, please don’t mention it.
11. Mr. Tom Baker has had two previous virtual nude dinner parties. He is now inviting you, his blogger friends to his home for a real nude dinner party. This is not a virtual dinner party; it is the real thing with all expenses paid and the usual five course dinner prepared by him. Will you or will you not be present at said nude party?
As much as I would like to check yes on the RSVP and go have a delicious and FREE meal as well as meet Tom and all his friends I’m afraid I just couldn’t. I’m pretty sure I could handle being around naked people, but I can’t wrap my head around the fact that I would have to be in the buff as well. It would just be too uncomfortable for me. D:
12. What one piece of movie memorabilia from which movie would you love to own?
The Joker’s purple coat from The Dark Knight. Why? Well why not? The Dark Knight is like my favorite movie ever (or at least definitely in the top 3) and the Joker is like my favorite movie villain ever (no questions asked) and his purple coat is the most iconic thing I can think of from that movie.
PS: If that’s too much to ask, then I would like either the Batmobile and/or Harvey Dent’s two-face coin.
13. If literary characters were real and you could interview any one of them, who would it be and what’s the first question you would ask?
Ah! These questions are sooo hard. How in the world am I supposed to choose only one character? D:
Well, I guess if I had to choose I would interview Elizabeth Bennett mostly because I’m obsessed with the recent adaptation of P&P to vlog form, seriously go watch it!
I would show her a few episodes from the series and then ask her about her thoughts on the adaptation.
14. If you had to choose a theme song for yourself from only the Classical genre, which song would it be?
Ride of the Valkyries. Sure it’s a little cliche, but wouldn’t that be the most awesome thing to hear every time you walked into a room? I’m pretty sure people would bow from the sheer awesomeness and/or fear!
15. What is your most quirky habits.
Not too sure if this is a habit or not, but I like to chew on the plastic-y ring on water bottles. I can’t help it, that little piece of plastic is like my equivalent of [insert name of drug here].
16. When was the last time you took the time to act like a child and what did you do?
I act like a child all the time. I’m pretty sure it’s my hobby, you know, right after blogging, vlogging, crafting, cooking and loving Chihuahuas. Just last week I spent the day watching cartoons with Colin and splashing around in the pool like a spoiled four year-old. If you don’t believe me, just ask Colin.
17. If there was ever a past relationship, (friend or otherwise), that you could go back and mend, would you? Who would it be with, and why?
No. I know that seems like such a harsh thing to say on the matter, but when I think about it I can’t really remember many relationships that I lost that I actually miss. The reason we decided to go our separate was because we just weren’t very good for each other.
18. What would you do if all of your followers left comments daily and would be it be too much for you to handle? Would you hire someone to answer comments for you?
I’ll be honest, if ALL of my followers were guaranteed to comment on every post I made I would blog more often. Who doesn’t like all that attention? Amirite? I would also set aside more time to read through and answer comments. If it all got to be too much, then I would train my loyal Chihuahua side-kick Bambi to answer half of my comments and I would be in-charge of the other half.
19. Do you know how far back your ancestry goes on either side of your family tree? How far?
I’m a little cloudy on my family history. I know my great grandparents on my mom’s side for sure and then after that all I know are stories that to be totally honest might only be half-true. I’m pretty sure there’s either Spanish or Aztec Princess blood in there somewhere though because who are we kidding, I’m pretty fabulous.
20. If you could compare yourself to anything in the universe, what would you compare yourself to? Why?
- For instance, someone might choose the Phoenix because it’s reborn from its ashes, Someone who derives strength from pain and failures and tries to rise above them all might select the Phoenix.
I am either like a firefly (small and cute and full of light) or like a sassy chipmunk (also small, also cute, but will probably bite you if you try to steal my food).
Also, the cheeks. I totes have chipmunk cheeks :3
2012 Community Network Meme Participation List
Thanks for taking the time to read through my answers! Now I recommend that you pick at least five of these blogs and go and read their answers as well! I’m pretty sure they would love you lots if you left them a comment too!
I Shall Be A Toad
Betwixt And Between
The World According To Sylvia Garza
Lazy Happy Bored Happy Sad
Life With Blondie
The Way I Live Naturally
Ramblings Of An Office Girl
Walking The Labyrinth
Sleep And Salami
Life Of Carbon