30DBH Day 2 – Why I Might Accidentally Marry Justin Bieber
Day 02 — Not including food, blogging or television, my most guilty pleasure (this includes chocolate)…
Now I could get all “technical” with this question just like I did on Monday, but I really want to go to sleep and I don’t want to get the reputation of the person who has to rephrase all the questions. I would like to clarify though that I don’t actually feel very guilty about loving these things though I might blush a little though if my love for some of them were to be brought up in conversation. And to make it easier for you guys since there are so many of them I decided to just make a list.
I am going to get ragged on so much for this. Oh, well. That’s honesty for you.
In no particular order here are somethings that I enjoy that are just a teeny bit embarrassing.
1. Justin Bieber. I spent a lot of day 1 defending the Biebster and I feel no shame. I am by no means a Belieber and I’ll admit I only know like two of his songs, but I love this kid. Baby has revolutionized my singing random songs to Bambi and Eenie Meenie is just a fun song. I think part of the reason why I’ve grown to respect J-Biebs is the fact that he was just a kid having fun doing what he loved and he would still be doing that if he hadn’t have been discovered. He also takes criticism very well. I know that if I received as much negative criticism my whole life as this poor kid gets in one day I would probably hide under the bed and never come out.
2. Re-writing songs to include the name of my Chihuahua. It’s just what it sounds like. I’ll take a song and I’ll re-write it to be about Bambi. Mostly because she’s special and magical, but also because I’m a weirdo. Some of my past hits include:
- Bambi – Baby
- Feliz Bambidad – Feliz Navidad
- Little Bambi Girl – California Girls
- She’s My Dog – It’s My Life
- and tons more.
I should probably release an album. Would that be copyright infringement?
3. Rebecca Black. GOD I LOVE HER SOOO MUCH. It started off as a joke, but then it became so much more. I can’t even explain it, but it doesn’t matter. The only person here who loses is poor Colin who has to put up with me singing along to her in the car. Also, I feel the same about her as I do about Bieber. If I had gotten as much hatred as she did when I was 13 I’d be permanently scarred and most likely in a mental hospital instead of sitting here writing this post.
4. CELEBRITY GOSSIP! I don’t subscribe to any magazines or any celebrity gossip blogs, but I do religiously watch WHATTHEBUCK a channel on youtube dedicated to celebrity news. Now I’ll admit, it’s not about the celebrities AT ALL, it’s more about watching Buck. He is hilarious and so genuine and I just love him. I don’t know most of the people he talks about, but I watch it anyway because he’s just awesome!
5. I don’t wear make up, but I love watching make up tutorials on youtube. There’s just something about watching these girls transform before you eyes. I also like to play a game called “beauty product scavenger hunt” which involves me looking for the products that these girls use in their videos whenever we go to Walgreens.
6. Watching Tobuscus play Minecraft. Just like with Buck I just love hearing Toby talk. Sometimes I’ll have his videos on in the background when I’m writing or when I’m cleaning because it’s just fun to hear him talk and joke around. I’ve been watching his videos so much the past week that whenever I play Minecraft I hear him narrate it.
7. Bejeweled, I could play it for hours and sometimes I do. Most of the time when I play games it’s an RPG or maybe sometimes even an MMO. I love playing games with engaging stories, multiple side quests and super dynamic characters. Where does Bejeweled fit in with that? Well… it just doesn’t. Bejeweled isn’t the type of game that you play if you want to become so immersed inside a world you feel weird when you open the door and it’s not out there. It’s not the kind of game that toys with your emotions and that forces you to make such hard decisions that you have to press pause and step away before you start to cry. It is however extremely colorful and easy to pick up. It’s also a great way to chill out before you have to un-pause and decided whether you have to save an entire planet or the ship with your loyal team.
8. Totes. No, not the bag. Though I see how the picture might be very misleading. I mean the “word.” I love needlessly abbreviating words sometimes and I do so now without trying to be ironic and funny like I had been in the past. Yup, I’ super original. :P
I love the English language and so the first time I heard of people doing this I was outraged too, but then I realized that part of loving language is playing around with it. Just like I love to needlessly use big, complicated words I also like to balance it out by using these awesome abbrevs. You might never see me use the words in a serious essay or paper, but I do love tossing them around playfully in everyday conversation with my friends . “I’d totes love to get a smoothie, I think I’m getting dehyged.”
9. Cake Boss. Sister Wives. Storage Wars. Basically any show that puts you in the life of real people with either a weird home/family life or strange jobs. I even took around an entire month (I think, it was probably longer) off from the internet because I couldn’t pull myself off the couch long enough to type up a coherent post. I don’t know what it is about these types of shows, but they hook me in. I can’t help it. I love watching Buddy build extravagant cakes worth more than I’d be willing to spend to throw a party. I need to know, despite the fact that Kody Brown creeps me out, whether he marries his [insert number here] wife. What the heck was even in that storage container and is it even worth any money!?!
10. Really bad 80s/90s cartoons. Some of my favorites include He-Man, She-Ra and Bravestarr. I honestly don’t know what about watching these cartoons makes me so happy. I used to think I only liked them because they were fun to pick apart with Colin, but I even love watching them alone without making any mean jokes. I can’t say that it’s nostalgia because they weren’t on when I was growing up. In fact if it wasn’t for Qubo Night-Owl I’m pretty sure I would have never even seen them. I should probably take this time to be thankful.
There are still more, much, much more, but these are the few I can think of right now. Guilty pleasures indeed.
30 Days of Blogging Honestly, or 30DBH as I like to call it, is a monthly project of sorts where you must answer 30 questions honestly throughout the month of April 2012. Here’s my post explaining it and here’s a list of other participants.